Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing

Housing Connect’s VASH program supports homeless veterans who need access to affordable housing, case management, and other services.

Housing Connect Track
Man getting help on the computer

The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

The VA provides services for participating veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics. To learn more about the federal program and our funding, click here.

Three story condo apartments

HUD-VASH vouchers are rental vouchers used specifically for homeless veterans. Currently Housing Connect has 248 HUD-VASH vouchers.

Families are determined eligible through the Department of Veterans Affairs and sent as a referral to Housing Connect for rental assistance. The VA is responsible for determining the eligibility of the veterans and Housing Connect is responsible for determining income eligibility.

Father and daughter sitting outside house

The family is required to receive case management services from the VA until the VA determines it is no longer necessary. Families who do not comply with the case management service may be terminated from the HUD-VASH program.

If you are a homeless veteran in Salt Lake City, please contact George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center at (801) 582-1565.

Still Have Questions?

Contact Us
Stay in touch with Housing Connect!   

Residents Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )
I am most interested in (check all that apply):
The age of my children is (check all that apply):

Community Newsletter